Spocket is a powerful drop shipping platform tailored to help drop shippers source products from thousands of Europe and US suppliers and sell these on Shopify. This guide is focused on how to set up Shopify with AliExpress. Below is a step by step guide to set up Shopify with AliExpress.
Step 1: Sign Up for a Shopify Account
- Go to the Shopify website: https://www.shopify.com
- Click the “Start Free Trial” button
- Answer the few questions asked and the fill in your email address, password, and store name
- Click “Create your store”
Step 2: Choose Your Shopify Plan
Which Shopify plan is best for drop shipping?
Choose the Shopify Basic Plan ($19). This is the plan where ecommerce features you need for drop shipping kick in. You can go for the higher tier Shopify ($49) and Advanced ($299) plans if you need more robust features and functions for your drop shipping solution.
The Basic plan has all the essential features that you need to set up a drop shipping with Shopify.
The plan comes with a 14 day trial, after which you will pay $1 per month, giving you ample time to test drive the plan and Shopify as well as to pilot your drop shipping business model without incurring any major financial risks. Fill in the payment information when prompted.
Complete the payment information when prompted.
3. Customise your store
Once your account has been created and your store plan has been set, you can start customising your store from the dashboard.
- Choose a custom domain name that is short, memorable and brandable, you can register this within Shopify or external domain registration and hosting providers such as Bluehost.
- Connect your registered domain with your Shopify store.
- Next, select a Shopify template that matches your niche. This could be a free or a premium theme depending on your budget and preferences.
- Customise the template according to your branding, colors and aesthetics.
Step 4: Install the Spocket App
- In the left-hand menu of your Shopify dashboard: click where it says “Apps”
- Where it says: “Search for apps” type “Spocket”
- The Spocket app will appear as shown below. Install the Spocket app.
Step 5: Find Profitable Products on Spocket
- Search for relevant products related your niche within the Spocket app on the Spocket search bar
- Consider aspects like price, supplier ratings and shipping options for deciding on suppliers and products
- Add shortlisted products to your import list within the Spocket app
Step 6: Import Products to Your Shopify Store
The next step is to import the products to your Shopify store.
- Within your Spocket app, navigate to the import list.
- Review all the product items you’ve shortlisted from Spocket.
- Customise and edit product details: titles, descriptions, and prices.
- Choose the relevant product variants you want to offer (e.g., different styles, sizes or colors).
- Click where it says “Add to Import List” to add products to your Shopify catalog.
Step 7: Set Your Prices and Profit Margins
The next step is to define your pricing strategy. For this you need to:
- Consider aspects such as: product cost, shipping rates and then also factor in your desired profit margin.
- Now update the prices of the imported products according to defined pricing strategy
Step 8: Configure Spocket Settings
- From within your Spocket app, configure order fulfilment and shipping options and settings.
- Define your preferred shipping methods.
- Connect your Shopify store to Spocket to streamline the order process.
Step 9: Customize Your Product Listings
- Have another look at your product listings in Shopify and refine your titles, descriptions, and images.
- Make sure you use high-quality images and write accurate and compelling product descriptions to attract customers.
Step 10: Manage Inventory and Orders
- Check your Spocket app regularly for any product related updates.
- Keep tabs on orders and fulfill them as they come.
- Make sure that your Spocket suppliers ship products to your customers seamlessly and promptly.
- Implement a transparent policy and mechanisms for handling customer inquiries and concerns professionally and promptly.
Step 11: Optimize Your Store for SEO and Marketing
Setting up a drop shipping store on Shopify is just one piece of the puzzle. There are other important aspects of SEO and digital marketing.
- Use Shopify’s in-built SEO features to enhance the visibility of your product pages on search engines.
- Build an omni channel marketing strategy for driving traffic and sales to your store. Consider strategies such as: content marketing, SEO, Pay Per Click advertising, strategic influencer collaborations, etc.
I hope this guide on how to set up Shopify has been helpful.
Once your drop shipping integration between Shopify and AliExpress is set, you need to pay attention to delivering a professional and satisfactory customer service. Also keep an eye on the reports and analytics that Shopify gives you.
This will empower you to make data driven business decisions particularly on how to improve and grow your drop shipping business.
Based on your business strategy and the data you get from Shopify, you can consider growing and scaling your drop shipping business by expanding your product offering, entering or creating new markets to sell to a wider market base.
Also make use of all important tools and features that Shopify gives you to optimize and streamline your operations and enhance the overall shopping experience of your customers.
You basically can get started right away and start wrapping your head around Shopify and Spocket, to test drive your business model without courting any major financial risk.